I am looking forward to Term 3 to share and explore the Children’s Book Week Short list books and exploring the theme Escape to Everywhere. A few weeks ago I wrote about a rabbit visiting the school library and a missing rabbit poster I spotted which inspired an idea! This idea has now come to a reality and we will be promoting a Missing Book Character poster competition for students in P-2.
Steps to promote this activity:
- Promote Children’s Book Week – Escape to Everywhere to the school community
- Introduce the Missing Book Character Poster to students in the selected grade(s)
- Instruct students to select a book they have read and enjoyed
- Follow the writing format Heading – Missing; Name of character; Last seen – choose a place in the book the character visits – a setting, Likes – think about what the character likes; If found – child’s name and class
- Provide copies of the template – available for download below
I am planning on introducing this as a competition for students in P-2 to be done at lunch in the library, one entry per student to be entered. If you decide to run this at your school I would love to hear how it goes.
[embeddoc url=”https://libraryowl.edublogs.org/files/2017/06/Missing-Book-Character-Guidelines-154qliy-1bxnyju.pdf” width=”50%” height=”300px” download=”all” viewer=”google” ]
[embeddoc url=”https://libraryowl.edublogs.org/files/2017/06/Missing-Template-18z0j4a-29w98jp.docx” width=”70%” height=”200px” download=”all” viewer=”google” ]