I am looking forward to Term 3 to share and explore the Children’s Book Week Short list books and exploring the theme Escape to Everywhere. A few weeks ago I wrote about a rabbit visiting the school library and a missing rabbit poster I spotted which inspired an idea! This idea has now come to a reality and we will be promoting a Missing Book Character poster competition for students in P-2.
Steps to promote this activity:
- Promote Children’s Book Week – Escape to Everywhere to the school community
- Introduce the Missing Book Character Poster to students in the selected grade(s)
- Instruct students to select a book they have read and enjoyed
- Follow the writing format Heading – Missing; Name of character; Last seen – choose a place in the book the character visits – a setting, Likes – think about what the character likes; If found – child’s name and class
- Provide copies of the template – available for free from my TES Resources page
I am planning on introducing this as a competition for students in P-2 to be done at lunch in the library, one entry per student to be entered. If you decide to run this at your school I would love to hear how it goes.